Thursday, September 11, 2014

Today's efforts

My 32nd wedding anniversary...
How can that be?

With my Murray at work, I spent the day with Lola-baby.
This flimsy was made with the leftover blocks of my Stonehenge quilt.
Perfect for experimentation!
I have always wanted to use 2 different thicknesses of batt in the same quilt.
Trapunto, if you will.
However, we all know you can't trapunto quickly.
This is my version...
I call it 'trapunto-ing with my hair on fire.'

I used a layer of QD Blend all over and cut a layer of Hobbs 80/20 for under the pieced blocks.

It's safe to say, I quilted the snot out of this thing!

Lots of the dreaded ruler work....Stitch in the Ditch.
(Lots being relative here, my rulers & I are only passing acquaintances)
Some pebbles, fern feathers and a stab at McTavishing. 
Apparently, purchasing a signed copy of Mastering the Art of McTavishing does not make a master out of you.
I guess I've got to read it & watch the DVD.
Shoot!

When Murray gets home, we will have champagne to toast our many years of love, family & commitment.  We are blessed. 

#NEVERFORGET...9/11





No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.