Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Antique Quilts

Perhaps my luck is changing?
First, the bag pattern at quilt guild.
Now this....
3 quilts from the 1800s.
ONE
TWO
THREE
For me...
(As you can see, Alvin appreciates them, too.)
My sisters BFF had these quilts, family heirlooms. 
She didn't want them anymore.
So, she decided I should have them.
They are in remarkable shape.
They were used in a rooming house, I think. 
I'm going to test out RetroClean on them if we ever get a sunny day. 
I'm debating if I should try to repair them after laundering or just bask in their historic quiltiness. 
I'm leaning towards basking. 
The wear & tear makes them delicious, and shows they were used. 
I love quilts that are/were used. 
And loved. 
Cause that's what quilts are good for...using and loving.
I hope to learn as much about their history as I can from Colleen.
I can see one of them adorning the wall in my FL studio.
Glorious!
If I ever say I'm unlucky again...
REMIND ME OF THIS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.