Thursday, September 18, 2014

TLAP...Design Ratio, the Orphanage & Upcycling

Aye..Mateys!
It's talk like a pirate day today. (TLAP)
As a reward for housecleaning, I stitched together 9 patches from a quickie gift I made recently.  I have no plan for these 16 batik concoctions. I just wanted to file them under 'done for now.'
You know what that means?
Yup, a visit to the Orphanage. 
Orphan blocks, homeless little beauties, with no place to go.
Blimey! Me found some booty.....glistening from the bottom of the hoard. TLAP
I bought this fabric in Tecumseh, MI. with Gaily, my machine Quilty mentor, 10-15 years ago.
Back then, I was very frugal with fabric & tried to use every scrap from the techniques I was learning.
These little gems, and I do mean gems, are leftover from a beginning quilting class. 
After fondling them, I decided it was time to free them from servitude. 
I could almost hear them cheering...(I really need to get a life)
While I still have many left to sew together, these bloaks made it to the design wall.
Thar She Blows! TLAP
I'm using them to experiment with design ratio.
The small block size makes it perfect for this trial.
Upcycling fabric scraps is my favorite!
Serious Quilt Nerd

In other news, the betrothed will be celebrated tomorrow.
I'm hoping it's doesn't become a Meet the Fockers event...
If it is, I suspect we'll be the Fockers. 
Why do I suddenly have the urge to belt out "Beautiful' by Xtina?
See what I mean?
What if some of these thoughts sneak out of my mouth at the party?
Argh!!!! TLAP
I'm telling ya...me's a weirdo!  TLAP
Prayers for my composure & mental stability are encouraged & appreciated. 
Thank you.












No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.