Monday, September 15, 2014

RetroClean

It was finally sunny yesterday.
A perfect day to soak one of the antique quilts to see if RetroClean could improve the look.
There were quite a few brown spots on this quilt.
Here's the quilt before.

I soaked it for almost 24 hours.
Almost all the brown is gone...and there were many dark spots. 
Here's a before & after shot.
It doesn't show the improvement accurately.. 
It's much better in real like. 
And, the musty smell is also gone. 
I'm not sure how I feel about that...the smell made them seem old. 
Oh well.

I'm soaking the red & white one in the bathtub right now.
It has the worst of the discoloring.
It makes me nervous soaking them...they are so threadbare. 
Hopefully, they'll only need it this one time. 

2 comments:

  1. Meg, maybe I should give retro clean a go on that old quilt I have. I can see the improvement in your blue one.
    BK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Www.retroclean.com
      Or, it's in some LQSs.
      Let me know how it goes.
      XO

      Delete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.