Monday, September 29, 2014

Barb-gello, Bixby & Bloody Mary's

I started the Lola-fication of Barb-gello on Saturday & finished it up on Sunday morning. 
Barb's Bargello was a tongue twister for me...hence...Barb-gello....I crack myself up!
Barb chose the designs..I think they're just right!
I did the pebbles in non-regulated stitch mode.
I encourage you to try it...the machine moves more freely.
Less fatigue and rounder circles...WIN WIN!
When Mr Bixby got back from golf, he suggested an OTL.
I requested a trip to Patchwork Plus to see the Honor Quilt show. 
They are the last stop of this moving show...
Plus, they have fabric..I love fabric.
Here is my favorite from the show. 
Rob Appell is so talented...this beauty is spectacular in person.
It's huge, too.
This is Mr Bixby's fave.
Can't remember the quilter, but he liked the significance of it.
It represented all the trials, triumphs & scars of a soldier.
Clive's work with Honor Flight has made him very sympathetic to this issue. 
He also liked this...
But it was a kit for sale in the shop.
He wanted to buy the kit, but I'm not fond of using kits.
So, he bought the pattern & the ruler, & asked me to make one for his office.
Of course he did.
Then we headed to Blue Water Grill on Skaneatles Lake...
ErMahGah!  Every Sunday, from 12-3, they have a BLOODY MARY BAR.
Who knew?
I enjoyed a party in my mouth whilst waiting for a table.
Absolut Citron, 2 parts mild Bloody Mary mix, 1 part Clamato, heaping tsp horseradish, dash Tabasco,marinated asparagus, celery stalk, 2 shrimp, garlic stuffed olive and fresh mozzerella.
For lunch, I had a Mahi Mahi poboy..no bread..sweet potato fries.
I'm becoming addicted to sweet potato fries...not good...fatty fat!
Then we walked along the lake and out on the jetty.
It's beautiful there and yesterdays weather was perfection.
Mr Bixby had 2 killer funny moments...
1. 'What lake is this?' 
     While I realize there are no stupid questions...really?  Skaneatles Lake, come on, Clive. 
2.  'Oh look, they tiled the bottom of the lake.'
     Uh, no, I'm pretty sure they didn't. 
God help us...this man is a champion of industry.
And he was not trying to be funny.

They have a war memorial on the lakeshore.  
I encouraged Clive to take a look while I sunned myself on a bench. 
I've seen it before..lots of times.
He snapped this upon his return to get even with me for laughing at his questions. 
It's only fair I show it, to prove I'm a good sport.
He threatened to post it to IG, titled 'Too much time at the  Bloody Mary Bar.'
I swear I was just enjoying the sun...
We don't see here that often.

Today, I'm loading another flimsy and working on the twister for Clive. 
After I hit Sams club, that is!

Be kind...make it a good one...

*****Photo cred to Mr Clive Bixby & Roxanne******






No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.