Monday, September 22, 2014

Design Ratio

After my company left this morning, I got fussy with the design ratio experiment. 
I moved the blocks around trying all different ratios...
After deciding on the ratio...
I fussed over color placement. 
After over an hour of struggle, I decided to let the color happen organically.
This was the right decision. 
As far as the ratio issue, Joen was right.
AGAIN.
As always.
She said the most pleasing ratio is 8:13.
I agree.
It took most of the afternoon to sew together.
This was no small feat.
I pieced the HSTs a long time ago.
My piecing has improved dramatically since.
Thank goodness...
If quilting were still this laborious, I may have become a knitter. 
Here's the flimsy.
I'm considering dense quilting with variegated thread. 
If it turns out ok...I may hang it...Or not.
It's not big enough for use at 36x52, but I'll figure something out. 
I always do.

I also finished this iPod nest. 
It's for my sister...she loves dogs. 

It was a nice weekend.
Two sisters & their hubz came into town to honor J&J.
The party was held at the home of the mother of the bride. 
We met most of her family & friends.
They were very welcoming & warm people.
Many told us how much they love my son...
That makes me happy cause I think he's pretty great, too.
Here's a shot of us with the happy couple.
The sisters played lotsa Liver & had some good laughs. 
And there were old 3 dogs here...Buster, Belle & Frannie, of course.
I was proud of Frannie for being a such gracious hostess. 
Best.
Dog.
Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.