Saturday, September 27, 2014

Mish Mash Mush

It's been a crazy few days. 
Thursday morning, I got a text from Barb saying she was driving up.
Yay!
She even brought Lexi to play with Frannie. 
I love Barb...we get together and it's a whirlwind Quilty Love Fest. 
She brought 2 flimsies, we petted fabric & talked long arms.
She's in the market, and took Lola for a spin...non regulated. 
Lola misbehaved just a bit, she's like a spoiled child who only wants her mama. 
We dined at DHT, burgers.
Friday morning, a long Erie Canal walk and a trip to Mission Rose. 
(I may or may not have found a bit of fabric there...I left no paper trail so it's my secret)
Frannie was once again a gracious hostess. 
Best.  Dog.  Ever.
Sadly, I got not one pic of Barb or Lexi...
But her flimsies are still here.
Here's her pre-Lolafied Texas Two Step.
Yummy.
And look at this...Quilters Delight Table Wine.
Hilarious!  Only Barb...
I've got the last of the antiques soaking in the last of my RetroClean.
I can tell the results are going to be spectacular!
Stay tuned.

Last night...dinner & a movie with The Millers. 
Veggie Burrito at the Mission...Guacamole...Delish!
Then, we saw This Is Where I Leave You.
What a funny movie...and sweet in some spots, too.
It was off color...no doubt...but off color is fine with me. 
And Jason Bateman...I mean...please. 
 
The alarm in our FL house has been malfunctioning...
Grrrrrrr!!!
Last night, it went off EVERY HOUR ALL NIGHT LONG.
Screaming alarms for 30 minutes every hour in my quiet little neighborhood.
What a fabulous impression we've made since purchasing the place. 
And, it's the panic feature that's gone bonkers, so we can't shut it off for 30 minutes. 
Phil was up all night dealing with it. 
He's golfing now.
It's still happening, I'm on shut off duty. 
I've arranged for ADT to meet Pat at the house to fix it today. 
OBNOXIOUS!
What would I do without my good Florida neighbors?
This is above and beyond the neighborly call.  
The bloody thing never alerted us of the broken AC, and now is alerting us every hour...
AND NOTHING IS WRONG.
Tell me again why we have an alarm?
Ugh.

I'm hitting the studio to practice some designs for Barb's flimsies. 
Make it a good one. 




2 comments:

  1. I think your Fla. neighbors are definitely 'quilt worthy'. Where would any of us be without good neighbors? Don't stress about the quilting for "Beach Party", whatever you do will be fabulously lovely
    BK

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.