Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Finish

More of the same...
I am on a roll, people.
(the crappy weather is helping)
Quiltingwithmyhaironfire.
This is a flimsy that I will use in the guest room in FL.
Disappearing 9 patch. 
It's companion is already down there.
I'm happy to have it done so the room will appear more 'put together'.
Just a loose meander, cause it will be frequently laundered.
It's a combo of leftover fabric lines.
Mirabelle...Butterscotch....& some others that I don't remember right now. 
You know what I mean?
All those lines that Moda reintroduces under different names that are the same.
I'll bind it in FL.

This went so quick that I also loaded a baby quilt.
I've got that about halfway done. 
I'll share upon completion. 
It's girly.
 
I'm itching to make a bright, warm colored batik flimsy. 
I keep looking at the warm batik shelf in my studio.
I'm tempted to pull them out and make a big batik mess. 
Find the right combo for a star block pattern.
Or log cabin.
Or geese.
Reds, oranges, yellow...maybe a touch of purple. 
Gotta have a smidge of purple...always.
Well, almost always.
I am trying to stay on task with longarming all I have before I begin again.
I'm not the best a self control.
But, I'm trying.

I talked to baby today. 
Actually, I've talked to him every day this week.
***grin***
I love when he's a school cause he calls me while he's walking to class.
Just a quick hello, but thats all I need to make me happy.

Jenn text me last night to tell me she said yes to the dress. 
It really made me feel good that she thought to text me. 
I think she'll make a lovely bride. 
I mean, sheesh, she's a knockout. 
And, I think she really loves my son.
Really, isn't that all we can ask?
For our kids to find a partner and they share mutual love & respect for each other?

Sweet that I could use the Friday Finish title. 
It's what all the cool kids use for their Friday title.
Too bad I'm not cool.
Or a kid. 
I am weird. 
That's something, right?

It's always so scary when I reread before publishing my posts.
I'm all over the place today & I appear to be CrayCray.
What the hell...it's who I am.
I'm posting it.
Happy Friday!






No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.