Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Quickie Quilt

I'm hoping to give an Irish Chain as a thank you this weekend.
I figured since it's such a quick assembly, I could get it done.
No problemo.  
That was before we decided to meet Jenns mom on Wednesday night.
And before I promised baby I would come on Thursday to help him cozy up his apartment. 
I already knew I had Francis Wednesday morning.
And my bubbly visiting for Labor Day.
And a much needed dye job on Friday, before we leave. 

It's been a marathon quilting day today.
I'm still in my PJs at 9pm!
I just trimmed it up.
I put baptist fans on it.
Why?
Quick & easy.
Once you get the tension set.
Lola was a bit ornery today for the first time since my return in June.
Of course she was.
Murphy's Law. 
Note to the Quilty Gods, my name is NOT Murphy.
Oh well, I got it sorted out and all that's left to do is the binding.
We all know how I feel about bindings. 
(Insert frownie face)

Alvin was HILARIOUS all day today. 
(Insert LMAO face)
Here's a couple of today's poses....


Every time it looked at him, I giggled. 
In my next life, I think I want to be Alvin!

I'm off to take a shower and put on fresh jammies.


2 comments:

  1. Meg, I love that border fabric on the Irish Chain. Is the Irish Chain alternating 9 patch blocks with a solid block of the same size? If so, I've got to make some to use up some stash.
    Congrats to Herman and Jennifer. They looks so happy it makes me cry.
    Hope to see you soon.
    XO BK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, I want to come back as Alvin or one of my cats. My 'desk' cat was watching me 'work' on the computer and saw Alvin and he perked right up and then spread out further on my desk. Yeah, a rough life. He occasionally reaches out and hits the keys on the keyboard, as if to say..you are keeping me awake. LOL

    Love the pictures of your newly engaged son and his soon to be wife. They look so very happy.

    have a great week!

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.