Friday, September 5, 2014

Binding & University Life

JYesterday, I attached the binding to the Irish chain.
I would've preferred to use the dark green from the inner border.
I didn't have enough. 
Done is better than perfect.
Good grief, I say that a lot!
I'll hand sew it today, tonight & in the morning.
I really need a professional binder person.
Maybe I will teach Murray in his retirement...grandest of all half baked ideas.
Wrong on so many levels...
The last thing I need is a connubial binder person.

I spent the afternoon with baby, whom has re-enterred my good graces by returning to university.
I love that kid.
Especially when he takes up residence elsewhere. 
To those of you first time empty nesters, you're gonna love it!
I tried to cozy up his jr year domicile.
This is impossible.
The windows do not open, the floors unsteady, the filth abundant.
I did, however, receive assurance from his landlord that he will have hot water by noon today.
He also promised to install a shower head so the can dispose of the garden hose.
He assures me the place is fit for dwelling.
While I disagree, I maintained my silence. 
It was hard.
My eyes still see this when I look at him...
*sniff *sniff*

Herman's college roommate is in town for the weekend for the UM/Notre Dame game.
After I returned from BU, Phil & I ventured to the Eagle Tavern to say hi.
Why do I think I can linger in taverns that my children frequent?
I think I saw Bob, although it could have been a look alike. 
They are stopping by the house on thier way to golf this morning so I can confirm his existence. 
And to pick up Phil.

Later, after a dye job that is long overdue, Mr Bixby and I will head south for the Sweeney cousin family reunion.
60 related strangers will be attending. 
I'm not sure why I'm going, other than I know my mother would want me to.
Most are undertakers, and I do like a good corpse joke.
All are Irish, so there will be drunken merriment. 
And, I'll see my sisters...which is always pleasant. 
However, none of these cousins would recognize me if the sat across a table from me for an 8 course meal. 
Who knows....maybe I'll find a Quilty one.

If I'm quiet for a few days, you know why.
Have a great weekend!
XO





No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.