Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Shop Hopping Fun

What a trip...
Barb took me to 5 shops in 2 days.
The fabric prices in PA are too good to be true. 
I spent some money.
I may be a fabric pig.
Ok...I am a fabric pig. 
It could be worse. 

First stop...Wooden Bridge Dry Goods.
The owner, Anna May, is so stinkin sweet.
And her prices are great.
Too bad I didn't need any wide backs...she had lots.

Next up...Burkholders.
Burkholders is good again.  
Barb told me the old owner bought it back.
I could tell, it's like it used to be.
You can find whatever you need there.

Then we went to Sauders...
Wow!  20% off everything in the store.
And, many bolts of Quilty goodness.
After Sauders, we hit the Old Country Store.
We ran into my NY Quilty friend Vicki in there.
Small world.
No pic of Old Country Store or Vicki.
Oh well.
Vicki directed us to Zooks.
That Vicki is smart.

4 shops in one day...
We were exhausted.
But that didn't keep us from blabbing about all things Quilty and otherwise until midnight.
I love Barb.

Next day was LadyFingers Quilt Shop in Oley.
Oh
My
GOHD 
This was clearly the most unique of the shops.
While the prices weren't dirt cheap, they were still better than NY or FL.
And this shop is owned by Gail Kessler of 'Dimples' fame.
She had a selection of unique fabrics from different designers.
And so many cute kits...
The staff was lovely...
And, it was in a historic Stagecoach Stop.
There were friendly chickens in the parking lot.
I love chickens.
And I loved this shop.
I am so glad we got to go.

I would've loved to see the Hershey Show.
But I don't think I could've had any more fun even if I had gone.
Barb is a great friend...great company...warm lovely person.
And she loves to quilt almost as much as I do.
Even a quilt show can't beat that!

Next stop....TEXAS FOR THE 60th!




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.