Thursday, July 17, 2014

Erie Canal

We were up early today again...
This time we walked the Erie Canal.
I love it there, it's flat and picturesque.
Don't look to closely at the water....lotsa algae.
Grody.
It was cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy, then sunny...typical CNY weather. 
And, it was a chilly 69 degrees.
Yep...it's lovely.
Selfie!
We are dorks!
This was still while I was in good humor.

Today, there was a biking event...Albany to Buffalo via the Erie Canalway.
There were TOO MANY bikes and the pathway is narrow.
Towards the end, I got bossy with the bikers, pointing for them to move over to one side. 
And holding my ground...I'm lucky one of them didn't run me over.
God forbid they should slow down.
What's wrong with people?

We made the best of it....
It was our longest walk yet!
Yay, Susan!
She's a trooper..she never complains.

The Lock is so cool.
I gotta research how they worked one of these days.
Tomorrow, we're going to try the Butternut Trail.



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.