Monday, July 7, 2014

Quilty Impulse Buy

I went to Mission Rose today to get this
I love that shop
I need it to quilt up this
King Size, baby
My roll batting is queen size 
I got to chatting & mentioned the Rapid Fire Hunters Star ruler I've been coveting
Barbara thought they had it.
They didn't. 
But they did have this
The Rapid Fire a LeMoyne Star Ruler
I love the LeMoyne star but despise Y seams & templates
The package says this is the perfect ruler for someone like me
You never know until you try
This block took 1 hour to make, and would go faster if I were chain piecing many at a time
Deb Tucker does not lie
And, she has a great tute on YouTube for it
It's like having her there demo-ing it for you. 
There is kind of a lot of waste for a 9.5" block
With the size of my stash, I think I can afford it. 
I see a nice LeMoyne star quilt in my future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.