Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July, 2014

I thought my time spending most of the summer in a car had ended when Baby gave up soccer. 
I might have been wrong.
After driving endlessly up the east coast from FL to SYR, it was back in the car yesterday.
Phil's dad is in hospital again.
This time it's internal medicine, of the gross kind.
We were off to New Jersey to assess the situation.
After a few scary moments, it appears Tony is going to recover.
I'm very grateful for that, indeed.
And, I'm hoping this will serve as a catalyst to dealing with thier living situation.
Fingers crossed.

If you've been following my blog for some time, you might remember this...
When we went to bed last night in Lil's guest room, I found this on the bed...
It was a big, stinky, boring job at the time but at least she's using it!
I wish I had photographed at the statues & pictures of assorted saints and popes adorning the room.
They made falling asleep a bit troublesome. 

I also got a bit of food poisoning last night around 2am....it was really not the best 2 days I've ever experienced. 
It's certainly good to be home...I'm off to bed to sleep thru the fireworks!

Happy Independence Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.