Saturday, July 12, 2014

Clark Reservation

Today, Susan & I hiked Clark Reservation.
This park is so close to my house, I can't believe I haven't done it before. 
It was spectacular. 
It was also exhausting.
This is a shot of the lake, we hiked the whole way around it.
But first down the steps...lot of em.
Susan was a trooper.
She was a wee bit under the weather from last nights cocktail party with Chris.
I drank TWO dirty martinis last night at Cavalry with Phil, Jim & Dan.
I must be a bigger lush than Susan, cause I felt ok.
Should I be proud, or embarrassed?
Not sure....probably embarrassed.
The sights were gorgeous.
*sigh
I wonder who lives in there?
I wanted to hang a Home Sweet Home sign over it.
We saw many thickets and rabbit holes, it was cool.
Selfie
Most of the time, there were decent trails.
But some spots required serious body maneuvers to get past.
Look at this tree!
About halfway thru the hike, we spotted the green paint to mark the trail.
Sometimes it was on trees, other times on rocks.
It would've been nice to have known about the markers the whole way.
But, we made it.
Going up the stairs at the end...ugh.
But we made it...we hiked about an hour and I can already feel it in my bum bum.

More fresh air & filtered sun to start the day. 
What could be better?









No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.