Sunday, November 2, 2014

Stuff

When Murray went to Mass, I stole a few minutes to sew.
99 Dublin blocks. 
Then we walked to Taste of the Town.
Today was a perfect day to sit outside, eating, listening to music and people watching. 
It was fun, even if Murray got a sunburn.
We had to be back by 430 for some football game.
I took that opportunity to sew a bit more.
The color is off, but you get the idea.
Yesterday, my neighbor brought over a quilt from Indonesia. 
Fans..
His parents were missionaries & brought this back to him upon thier retirement in 1990.
He spent his childhood over there...so cool.
It's batik...but I'd never seen batiks like these before. 
Browns, blues & blacks...
Not stamped, but HANDPAINTED!
All hand pieced & hand quilted, as well.
The design of the batiks reminded me of the Australian fabrics in stores today.
And the quilting design resembled what I would consider Celtic quilting.
What a treat to see such an awesome piece. 
I've had a great year of quilt viewing....that's for sure!

Tonight is part 1 of RHONJ Reunion...
Murray & I have a date with a bowl of popcorn & those crazy broads!
Guilty pleasures...

Remember to be kind.
XO



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.