Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rodents, Punta Gorda & St Francis

John went to check on Alvin at lunchtime today.
Alvin greeted him at the door with a mouse in his mouth.
I simply cannot go back there.
But I must go back there and save my stash from mouseification {Meglish}
Plus, I have to make Thanksgiving dinner.
Who wants to eat in an infested environment?
Murray informed me he caught 7 mice in the 2 weeks after I left. 
He hired a pest control guy who guaranteed results.
Where are the results?
How is this man still in business?
Why is this happening to me?
AHHHHHHHHH!
While I understand my reaction is irrational, there is nothing I can do about it. 
Except wring my hands while my heart is pounding, obsessively thinking about mice crawling all over me & feel sick in the tums.
As you might have guessed, these activities do nothing to rectify the situation. 

We spent the rest of the day rewarding ourselves.

I saw some fabric at Gloria's Stash in Punta Gorda last week.
I've been thinking about it ever since.
It's been haunting me....literally.
I woke last night from a dream about it.
Do you think this means I am disturbed?
Nevermind, I already know that answer.
Today, we drove up there and I bought a yard.
(should have bought 5 and made a stack & whack)
It's called Wanderlust...isn't it delicious? 
I mean...please...I NEEDED it.
It was keeping me up at night. 
Even Murray agreed I should have it.
It's all his fault.
(I bet mice hallucinations keep me up tonight)

I didn't do any sewing today...just cutting.
We were hardly home all day.
Here's a peek....
I'm hoping to start sewing in the am.
****Quiltnerd alert****

Tonight, we went to see the movie St Francis.
We both LOVED it.
It was touching, sweet, sad, funny & thought provoking...all at the same time. 
Bill Murray & Melissa McCarthey were so real in this movie. 
The little boy was perfection....I wish I knew his name. 
Even all the supporting roles were awesome, especially Naomi Watts.
There was not one irritating thing about this movie. 
It was just right. 
(Except that we had to sit through over 20 minutes of previews. 
20 minutes...of my time....and I PAID to get in there. 
I find that excessive and think they need to limit it to 5 minutes.
I will admit I liked the 2 minutes looking at Matthew McConaughey during the spaceship one)
****mini rant alert****
Ok...back to St Francis...
Grab your hubz, kids or a friend, and go see this movie.
(& save yourself the trouble by arriving 10 minutes after the listed start time)

I baked some cookies for Pat & Jim.
When I brought them down, Pat said Jim was already in bed. 
He's not feeling well....
Maybe the cookies will make him feel better. 
I just read that ginger is a great healer. 

Only one more week in my slice of paradise...
Lizards are so much better than mice...
Why is that?

Keep it kind...(unless it's a rodent)
XO



2 comments:

  1. Meg, I would be finding a way to pack my stash and Lola and get them moved to Florida. have someone UNPACK Lola in the driveway...and cart my stash to local laundry to be washed. Have hubster check for holes in foundation and garage. Fill with STEEL WOOL, the metal kind...not the soap kind. not sure why mice don't like or cant get through. mouse killer here told me mice can get in cracks/holes the size o a quarter. I had a lot of cracks patched!!!! I filled the drains in the garage with steel wool, and have seen a mouse in garage since (knock wood). Also, go to Lowes/Home Depot...they have the ultra sonic things...plug them in and mouse don't like...they exit or don't come in.

    I like the baby lizards...pain when they get in...hard to catch and put outside.

    Make reservation for Thanksgiving....In FLORIDA...LOL

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathi!
    Where ya been? I've missed ya.
    I'd love to make reservations in FL, however, all my loves are in the north.
    Here's hoping one day I can convince them all to relocate.
    Wishful thinking.
    XO

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.