Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Relief

I've been tense lately.
Since I returned from Florida. 
Now I know why.
I was seriously stressed about my eye doctor visit. 
I've got a genetic predisposition to serious eye issues.
That's scary for anyone.
Especially a visual girl like myself. 
Today was the day.
It went great. 
First of all, there was this....
Einstein, 14 YO lab mix rescue who is the docs assistant. 
As my sister said, that's the only reference you need !
She's a doll...he says if he goes into the room of a non dog person, she won't go in.
She senses it and waits by the door for him to finish. 
Obviously, she came right in to my room.
She reminds me of Belle, my sisters dog. 
Then, after a myriad of tests, I found out my pressure was within the normal range!
Monumental news, since last time (different dr) I was slightly elevated. 
I seriously had to hold back from crying (big girl panties, meg)
Just weird me...obvi I didn't realize how this had been weighing on me.
It makes sense, everything I love to do requires vision.
I guess I'd never thought about it.
I really should try to think on things more. 
That probably won't happen, though.
Anyway, I danced out of that place!
It didn't even bother me that I had to wear sunglasses in the gloomy weather. 
It didn't bother me that I had to act like a rockstar & leave them on in Wegmans. 
(I make fun of people who wear sunglasses indoors)
He did say my eyes are VERY dry. 
If one more medical professional uses dry as an adjective for me, well, I may scream!
I'm officially titling my postmenopause 'the anhydrous years'
He couldn't believe I wasn't complaining about it. 
He told me to use artificial tears. 
I just tried them. 
OH.
MY.
GOHD.
They're awesome.
Get some. 

It's cold here.
Frannie is in a fireside coma.
A good day all around. 

Keep kindness. 
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.