Monday, November 3, 2014

Miscellaneous Monday

I got in a bit of sewing this morning while Mr Important Pants did some computer work.
Who knows what he was working on?
I finished this flimsy, which is important in my world.
(I like it here in my world, they know me here)
 
I'm calling it Berries in the Orange Grove.
It's bright...& citrusy...& berryish.  {Meglish}
Isn't it weird that I named this quilt?
I never name quilts.
Well, sometimes, I do.
Like right now.
It's happening again, isn't it? 
The incoherent rambling...good thing I'm here in my own world.
I plan to practice Claudia designs on it upon my return to Lola.
I've been drawing them out in the evenings while I watch tv. 
I hope I can find a lime green backing for it.
Who am I kidding...I'll find the backing.
If I look.
I wonder if I will look.
The suspense.....it's engrossing. 
I hope I can sleep tonight.

When he was done with his Mr Important Pants tasks...he became Clive and invited me to lunch.
Clive Bixby is so much better than Mr Important Pants. 
Clive LOVES to eat out.
I decided it was time he saw downtown Fort Myers.
We ate at Fords Garage.
It's a cool place, good burgers, & touristy for Clive.
After we ate, we walked around window shopping. 
Well, I window shopped.
Mr Bixby bought a golf club beer bottle opener. 
He says it's for his boss.
Yeah, right.

Just look at the window we found!
Just for my Toots...her very own Dollar Store.
I love that there's a huge heart in the window.
We strolled along the water a bit...
The Fort Myers Riverwalk...or Harborside...
Or whatever it's called. 
We are perfecting the art of selfie teamwork.
When you are old, selfies can be challenging.
Not wrinkles & gray hair challenges, although those are serious problems. 
I mean actually TAKING the selfie.
After all, we were not raised in the Age of Technology.
We remember Kodak film.
And pay phones.
And typewriters.
And clocks with hands.
We have found if he holds the camera & I push the button, our results are better. 
Unfortunately, I find it necessary to make a face, squint or bite my lip while pressing the button.
I will work on this....
I'm so weird.
See that bridge behind us?
It leads to one of my favorite quilt shops.
It was hard being that close & not visiting. 
My sacrifice is immense.
My suffering unending.

I think Mr Bixby might finally be unwinding. 
He's reading JFK The Smoking Gun.
Riveting...NOT!
Men are so peculiar. 

I'm now going to enjoy a glass of wine with the hubz.
DWTS & Limey are on tonight. 
It's so nice to have someone to watch with me. 

Keep Kindness...XO




2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog.
    XO BK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it doesn't scare you...it scares me sometimes.
      I'm anxiously awaiting the Houston Chronickes, my dear friend.

      XO

      Delete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.