Monday, November 17, 2014

Back at it...

I finally felt better today,master wasting the whole weekend recovering from my tests. 
Now I remember why I was avoiding the doctor. 
In celebration, I  braved the mouse issue & hit the studio. 
I was halfway thru with the swirling on Barbs Beach Party, so I finished that. 
Then I had to face the borders....
DA DA DA DUM
When we talked, I mentioned egg & dart.
I wasn't feeling good about that...my swirls are just to organic.
I thought we needed some straight lines.
So, here's what I did.

I first marked a line on the outer edge that made the green borders the same size. 
Then I used adding machine tape to determine how big the diamonds would be.
Then I marked dots to hit so the diamonds would be relatively uniform. 
AND I USED MY RULER...DeLoas Castle worked great. 
After I had the diamonds stitched, I put ribbon candy in them.
I then took the quilt off the frame and turned it so I would be using my ruler the way it's most comfortable for me.
(Remember, we are only passing acquaintances, my rulers and I. 
Therefore, we have trust issues.)
I got one more done before calling it a day. 
But the last one is marked, so it should go fast. 
I still don't know what I'm going to do in the corners. 
And I think I've got to echo the diamonds...but I'll decide that after the corners are done. 

The weather has been crummy.
I've been home a week, and the sun has been out for a total of 4 hours. 
These 2 know how to handle the gloom.
Frannie is finally over being mad at me for leaving her. 
She was giving me the 'evil eye' til yesterday. 
Could it be my luck is changing?
Pray for sun.

Remember kindness.
XO

1 comment:

  1. I just saw my quilt in progress. I am liking the diamonds with the ribbon candy. I just want to remind you to not forget to put their names on the quilt somewhere. I would be ok with putting them inside a diamond, if that works for your plan.
    I also like how you explain what you do on the quilt and why, like marking the border. I would never have thought of doing that. You are so smart.

    BK

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.