Friday, November 14, 2014

Let the Good Times Roll

I made this unneccasary purchase at Trader Joes yesterday.
The merriment continues....
Today, I went for some blood work, a tetanus shot, bone density test & mammogram.
All I wanted was the tetanus shot.
But, you know how it goes. 
It has been some time since I visited a medical professional.
Im pretty sure they will call me back for an ultra sound on the udders.
Apparently, I have cystic mammilla.
They told me that when I was in my 30s & they were certain they 'felt' something. 
I was put through test after test, revealing nothing.
After all that, they informed that I had very dense, cystic breasts, but was, indeed, fine.
Perhaps this has something to do with my avoidance of all things medical?
In fairness, it's not that.
I just don't like to be told what I should do.
And doctors are, well, bossy.

I would like to share with you my thoughts during my 'cold pressing'
I thought of cows & men the whole time.
First, the cows.
You know, the cows in those huge dairy barns who are hooked up to those milking machines. 
How barbaric for these poor girls....twice daily to endure such degrading discomfort. 
It makes my switch to Almond Milk seem socially responsible.
Second, the men.
What do you think the chances are that they put the treasured weenie in a vise in the name of early detection?
There has to be a less arduous, more decorous way to do this.
If men were undergoing such persecution, the movement to improve the technology would be monumental. 
On top of that, my arm is sore from the bloody tetanus shot & I have a bulging bruise where they drew the blood.
No sewing for me today.
|:-(
The bone density test went well, though.
shall now cease grousing. 
Is grousing a word?
It is now. 
At least it is keeping my mind off the rodent situation.

I stopped at JMichael after my trials...for comfort.
In my world, shoes are comforting.
And it's cold.
And snowy. 
And not sunny, green, balmy, blowing palm fronds-ie.
Did you know Toms are making fleece lined moccasins now?
They're delightful...& sparkly.

If I'd had a brain in my head, I would have taken a lesson from these 2 and just stayed in.
They know how to peacefully pass the cold, snowy CNY days in warm comfort.
Currently, it is 74 & Sunny in Fort Myers.

Be kind to one another. 
XO




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.