Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Not so quick Quickie

'Not every day is a good day...but there's something good in every day.'

This is what I'm working on for the shower.
It's coming along...
The color is off in this pic but you get the idea.
I picked blue-ish cause Lisa said it's Michaels fave color.
A small and a larger border will be added...
I'm a slowpoke at assembling on point flimsies. 
If I don't check & double check, all I do us rip.
Even with checking, I've had to rip 2 small seams. 
I have a mental block when it comes to on point assembly...
It's not hard, really, but it doesn't come easy to me. 
Hopefully, it will be complete by tomorrow.

I also got one of the borders on Murray's Twister...no picture, tho. 

Lesa gave me these 2 flimsies at Francis House this morning.
She wants minimal quilting, they're modern-ish.
Even so, with these 2 & Barbs remaining top, I'll be busy til I leave for greener pastures. 
I hope I can get 1 or 2 of mine done, as well.

I accidentally caused Sr Ida to fall by damp mopping the floor in front of the care givers desk today.
It's been dirty for weeks & I couldn't stand looking at it another minute.
She slipped & fell right after I finished. 
I've been upset about it all afternoon.
I called & they told me she was fine.
I'm calling again tomorrow. 
I'm sick about it.
Sr Ida is one of my favorites...
Ugh.

A good thing today was baby boy called to tell me he got a 90 on his cost accounting test.
And, his history professor accepted his paper a few minutes late without penalty.
He was so tired from studying for his CA test, he took a nap after class & slept thru history.
He sent her an email & she let him meet her in her office to turn it in.
I'm always happy to hear things are breaking the right way for my kids. 
I love them so.

Hope your day was more like baby's and less like mine....
XO



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.