Saturday, October 25, 2014

Airing of the Quilts

SWFQG held the airing of the quilts today.
I offered to help out at this event, but was never called.
So, I went as a quilt lover...
Good call, Meg.
It was a gorgeous day, perfect for walking around looking at quilts blowing in the breeze.
There were quite a few quilts.
Some were for showing.
Some were for sale.
Sometimes...
I like to look at the backs...longarm quilter weirdness. 
At the last guild meeting they said they like to have antique quilts hanging.
Apparently, no one came forward with their treasures, so, Sadly, there weren't any antique quilts hanging in the show.
Shoot, I could've displayed Colleens RetroClean miracles.
Oh well, there's always next year.

This event was held at the Edison Winter Home in Fort Myers.
Yikes...what a beautiful spot.
Fig trees abound.
I think this MUST be the fig capital of the civilized world.
The gardens are magnificent, with plants & trees from all over the world.
All labeled with the common and unpronounceable names.
Cinnamon, Allspice...I didn't even know these were trees!
Museums and historical buildings....
All set on the shore of the Caloosahatchee River.
***swoon***
(Hope I spelled that right...too pooped to google)
If I wasn't so tired from driving back from Orlando, I would've spent hours here.
Thankfully, it's close by, so I can revisit as often as I like.
I may even become a member.

Don't forget about keeping kindness.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.