Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Let's see....

I've spent too much time today perusing the winning quilts at Quilt Fest, Houston.
I'm gobsmacked...over lo quality photos.
Claudia's Fern Rising took 3rd in Embellished Quilts!
I can't wait to hear what Barb thinks....she'll be seeing these masterpieces in person.
Here's the link, if you're so inclined.
http://www.quilts.org/winners.html

I got the binding finished on this quilt.
(These bindings may or may not be responsible for my extended QuiltFest internet preoccupation. Binding = Bleck!  Quilts shows > Bleck!  Well, well, looks like I got my math practice in today.)
Note to self...do not ulcerate about which direction the doodles are facing.
Can you believe that I, queen of 'done is better than perfect', actually resewed a binding cause the doodles were not all going the same way?
Who would have noticed?
Not one living soul.
Clearly, I am not myself.
I wonder who I am?
Whoever that is, I wish she would stop wasting my time.

I also attached the binding to the front of this.
And, I increased my itty bitty 9 patch tally to 117.
Here's what that looks like.
On my way to 196...
That doesn't count the alternating 9 patches....WWIT?

ADT finally came yesterday.
I have to say, that is one of the most poorly run companies I have ever dealt with.
The technician was a real nice guy, the FOB I got in August had a glitch in the programming.
So far, no sirens have sounded and no law enforcement has been called. 
Although, I was on pins & needles all night wondering when the screeching would commence.
Fingers crossed it's fixed. 

And lastly, on this National Cat Day, 2014, I give you.....
                          >>>> insert drum roll <<<<
                            Please hold your applause....
                                Alvin of Syracuse
A cat who thinks he's a dog...
Or a meatloaf...
It depends on the day.
Cat-Dog or Meatloaf...he's the sweetest feline I've ever known.
And he's pretty cute, too.
Alas, he only has eyes for Murray.

By the way, how would you type a drum roll sound?
Inquiring minds want to know.

If there are typos today, please understand. 
I'm afraid to proofread, as I fear I sound especially unbalanced today.
You may applaud now....
For Alvin...
Or because this insanity has come to an end...
Whatever.

Be kind to each other
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.