Wednesday, August 20, 2014

HSTeria

Remember when I went on a HST binge?
I made quite a few HST quilts.
I think it was 2 springs ago.
I remember really digging the mindlessness of it.
I could look it up in my blog archives, but I don't wanna.
I could also post pics of all those HST quilts.
Again, not happening.
Of course, my binge was well before the HSTeria craze in Blogland.
Does that make me a trend setter?

I had one last pile of HSTs here, awaiting design choice & construction.
I decided on Chevron.
I'm glad I did. 
I'll take this north and Lola-fy it.
Unless I decide to add borders.
Which could happen.
But probably won't. 
This was made from the leftover pieces of this quilt, my HST pinwheel that lives on the couch in FL.
I used all but 4 of the HSTs from this group of 10" squares.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE USING UP ALMOST EVERY BIT.
Makes me feel like a real quilter.
Plus, I don't have to visit my orphan block pile issue.
Good Lawd, that is getting to be huge!

Both are good sizes for single or double snuggling.
I got both of these quilts from 1 PB&J layer cake and 42 assorted blue solid 10" squares.

That is all...Carry on.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Meg,
    I love the chevron pattern. It looks like it has a little dimension to it, sorta like a tumbling block pattern.
    I am with you in the 'using it all up' club. I love to have so little leftover I don't feel bad about tossing it into the trash. Too bad it doesn't happen all that often, but I am feeding the orphan block pile.
    BK

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.