Tuesday, August 5, 2014

California Dreamin'

Here's something you don't see everyday...
One of my quilts with a binding sewn on.
This little ditty is headed to SoCal to snuggle with Gavin Charles.
I'm glad it's done...I was starting to worry he'd be off to college before I finished it.
I do not enjoy sewing bindings....I need to find a professional binder & hire them!
I know SoCal isn't exactly freezing, but from the looks of it, he could use a quilt.
I crack myself up...
But seriously, how cute is that little punkin?
He belongs to Natalie & Jeff, Natty is a HS friend of my Tootsie.
I washed it to make sure it wouldn't bleed.
Or anything else weird it might do.
Sometimes, quilts can get snarky.
I like the wrinkly goodness you get after washing.
I used organic cotton fabric & organic cotton batt.
Nat told me the nursery was safari theme in shades of beige with pops of blue.
I used poly thread so it would stand up to washings. 
Hope they like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.