Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Winter warmth

I left on Sunday, heading for greener pastures.
Actually, greener anything.
Syracuse is all shades of gray in winter.

I made a quick stop near Harrisburg to give Barb her quilts.
And pee...I really had to pee.
She brought me this gem from one of her exploits.
SWOON!  A DWR obbers tile.
& she told me all about Natie's frigid proposal...
Yes, there were tears in Mickey Ds...but not too much.
& promised to visit me in the sunshine.
Mission accomplished.

I traveled along and saw the Oscar Mayer Weiner mobile in PA.
Then I saw a bunch of Amish horse drawn carriages. 
The Irony.

I had great plans to stop in Midlothian, VA, for a brief visit with one of my favorite people.
I managed to veer off course...must've been all the great conversation.
Frannie can be a real chatterbox...it's her fault.
Instead of winding up in Richmond, I wound up in Roanoke...a Christopher Columbus moment.
Mission not accomplished.

I continued along, following the instructions of my Aussie Garmin guide.
(He's a man &men never want to stop or directions)
I was getting tired...signs said Charlotte 110 miles.
Where to stop???
Wait, who do I know in Charlotte?
OMG!  I think it's my Bubbly friend.
Then this happened..
Then this..
And..
Then..
She called...we discussed...and I stayed with her.
And her adorable, awesome kid, Nick.
Are they twins, or what?
And her sweet, petite Lily.
Lily is the anti Frannie (think Ginger Rogers vs Shelley Winters).
I can't believe I didn't get a pic of Lily...must've been the exhaustion.
Lucky for me, my bubbly friend provided me this one after reading my blog.
Cute..huh?
We ate at Fishbones...a glass of vino, bang bang & tilapia imperial, with a key lime pie chaser, baby!
Frannie waited in the car without complaint while we ate....I was afraid she & Lily might fight.
I shouldn't have worried, they were fine.  Rockstar dog.
Lori seems great...I love me some Bubbly.
Nick, a HS senior, is too damn cute.
Friendly, talkative and funny...a rare adolescent, indeed!
He'll be studying music production in Florida next year.
I wonder if he will thank me for the burger when he wins his first Grammy?
Anyone who knows me, knows what a blessing this was.
I've got a serious bedbug phobia.
I don't sleep well in hotels.
I slept LIKE A LOG in her CLEAN, delicious, CLEAN bed.
Did I mention the bed was clean?
CRISIS AVERTED...with a twist of the Bubbly.

Monday we went the rest of the way...thru SC, GA & into FL.
Only stopping for gas...and coffee.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. 

After 23 hours in the backseat of a Honda CRV...
she's still smiling.
BEST
DOG
EVER
PERIOD

ps:  
it's official, we're snowbirds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.