Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Honor Flight Quilts

Murray asked me make 2 quilts for his Honor Flight friends. 
I whipped these flimsies up while I was in Grayling, MI at the Icehouse retreat.
They are small, simple wheelchair quilts.
D9 patches in Patriotic batiks.
To jazz them up, I added a printed strip to the top.
The only real difference between the 2 is the quilting.
One has a loopy star meander & the other is plain meandered.
Oddly, I always prefer the plain meander. 
Guess I'm just a plain Jane at heart.
Normally, I don't blog about charity quilts.
But I might start, just to keep a record. 
If I remember....which is, in all honesty, unlikely.

Anyway, my reason for blogging about these....
A few days ago, I blogged about Quilty goals. 
These 2 were counted in my 11 quilts that needed binding.
Bringing my total to 9 without bindings.
Stay tuned...
I have more finishes to post before my departure!



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.