Friday, January 10, 2014

Magic #6

Goals...goals.
I wanted to get one more bound before I head out.
Yay!
I'm using it to protect an upholstered chair from Alvin.
He only uses my finest furniture for sun bathing.
I quilted my freehand posies on it.
I know...it's hard to see.
While Mr Sun made a brief appearance yesterday, he has moved onto greener pastures.
His absence causes poor photo quality.

I used a blendy tan variegated thread on the top and cream magna-glide bobbins.
Rainbows is gorgeous thread, but....
It's hard to get uniform spacing when you really can't see the thread while you're quilting.
And you don't even know how you're doing til you take it off the frame and flip it over.
All things considered, I think I did pretty well keeping it even.
I used some batiks & Asian inspired prints from my stash.
I had a brief fabric crush on Asian inspired metallics.
I don't hate them now, but I don't love them anymore, either.
All in all, this will be a perfect quilt for its intended purpose.
And it looks like Alvin already feels quite special lying on gilded fabrics.
There is no bigger fan of my quilts than Al.
He arrives promptly for each and every finish I have. 
I think he was a pig in a former life cause he's a ham in this one.
Bad joke...sorry.

Alvin isn't the only one who feel special.
I do believe I've tamed the 'waiting for binding' pile to a reasonable 6.
I'm trying not to break my arm while patting myself on the back.

Hope Mr Sun is in your neck of the woods today!
Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.