Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Creature Comforts

I was tired when I left NY.
My seemingly innocuous husband snores like a freight train.
Mix that with my anticipation/anxiety about the drive.
Not to mention, I'm used to that freight train lying next to me at night.
I've not slept well in over a week.
(Except for my bubbly friends deliciousness)
Nor have I sewn a stitch.
I'm a girl who needs her sleep.
And her fabric.
Since arriving in 'paradise', this is what I've slept on.
And here is my Bernina.
Sitting in the corner as if she has misbehaved.
She has done nothing to deserve this...
And neither have I.
Not good.
I'm punchy.
And grouchy.

This is my 'living' arrangement. 
I'd have no problem with this...
If I was rested.
And sewing.
If I couldn't get a real mattress in the house tonight, I was going to get a hotel room
Ugh...bugs...athletes foot fungus...the possibilities for contamination & grossness are endless. 
Thank God for Mattress Firm.
Same day delivery.
Even better when you add the Quilty goodness...
That's what I'm talking about. 
Sweet dreams...

Tomorrow I shall work on finding a spot to cut a bit of fabric.
After all, it's only paradise if you're living your dream life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.