Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bento Box 3 & 4

I've been making bento box quilts for a few of Kelly's friends & a few nieces that I would like to hug more often.
Because these girls have been kind & loyal to my girl and/or are quiltless family members.
They are great, fun, young women with good taste in wine.
& I love them.
Which is really the reason.
I'm thinking, perhaps, they might enjoy cuddling under one of my quilts.
These gals are like family.
1 more recent friendship
1 from her college days
1 from middle school 
1 from elementary school
& a few kinda family members.
I want to send them all out at once...this is proving to be difficult.
I had 2 made, in BW w/Yellow.
They're gone.
I wound up giving one to my friend Cindy for her 50th and the other I brought to my sister when she was in the hospital having a health crisis.
No worries...I've got plenty of fabric!
Perhaps my trip south will produce a bento box flimsy surplus & my plan will be executed upon my return.
Please God?
Ummm....God, never mind that silly request, please.
I have much more pressing issues that I would prefer you direct your energy toward.
If You don't mind, that is.
The quilts are mostly B&W w/ Pink & Green.
There is a smattering of Turquoise & Purple in a couple of the prints.
I find most BW quilts to have a modern feel, fresh & fun.
The younger set really seem to enjoy them.
I like them, too.
Even though I am no longer young.
I used a purple backer that has a silver metallic embellishment. 
I am nothing if not a purple girl.
They have a real feminine feel and 2 of these recipients have little girls. 
I think they will go to them.
Unless I create something even girly-er in the sunshine.
I reserve the right to change my mind.
After all, it's my party. 
These 2 bindings bring my 'quilts needing binding' total down to 7.
Unfortunately, I have still not put bindings on some of the 'old' ones.
I have valid reasons to procrastinate on a couple, I'd like to do a bit more longarming to these.
Several of them I just do not like.
They are destined to become dog quilts & that makes motivating hard. 
They say you have to make bad art before you make good art.
How I wish this weren't true.
I wonder how much bad friggin art can one person create?
In the words of the great Buzz Lightyear, 'to infinity and beyond.'
I wish I could get over my 'I won't donate a quilt I don't like to charity' problem.
It's so much easier to bind a quilt that won't be chewed up & digested with Alpo & poopsicles.
But, I digress.
Actually, digress should be my middle name.

I'm hoping I'll have one more finish before I go, but it will be tight.
It sure would be nice to have that number to 6 before I go.
Insomnia has its benefits.
We shall see.

Today, there is a big, bright ball in the sky that is hurting my eyes.
I vaguely remember it.
I think it's called the sun.
Do not be fooled.
The furnace is still Rockin & Rollin.
It's still pretty cold out there. 
But that bright thing really helps the mood.
Whatever.
My cuppa is done...so it's on to the chores.
Hope your day is great.
Thanks for stopping by.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.