Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Quilty Goals

Even though I know goals are helpful, it's a bit weird setting Quilty ones for 2014.
With the winter being set in FL for the first time, it's going to be difficult to predict what I can accomplish.  I'm just going for it.  The worst thing that can happen is I don't achieve them.
It won't be my first failure...or my last, I'm sure.
MY GOALS ARE

1.  Stash....I'd like to limit fabric purchases to yardage that will be used for a quilt in progress.
     This goal will be very hard since I'll be visiting a lot of new shops in FL.
     But, I'm going to try.
2.  Partially pieced UFOs...I have so many.  
     I'm hoping to finish 3 of the half pieced quilts I have in tubs by the end of 2014.
     And, more importantly, I'd like to finish everything I start this year.
3.  Unbound Quilts - my nemesis.
     Currently there are 11 quilts awaiting binding in my studio.  That's ridiculous.
     I'm hoping to have this number UNDER 5 by the end of the year. 
4.  Longarming - the most difficult goal of all.
     I have to make time every week (that I'm in NY) to play on Lola.
     This time has to be separate from actual quilting of my quilts & my customers quilts.
     I'm hoping this will give me confidence in my ability.
     I'm turning away a lot of customers out of fear.
5.  Studios
     I considered copping out here and going with the obvious 'tidiness' option.
     But, I'm not tidy in my creating.
     I'm a mess, it's part of my process.
     So, I'd like to equip my studio in FL with tools to allow piecing tops without excess duplicates.
     I realize some are necessary, but I'd like to keep them to a minimum.
     I'd like to spend less than $500. to do this.

Wish me luck.
I've set myself some lofty goals!
     
     

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.