Wednesday, January 22, 2014

29 years ago today...

I became a mom for the first time!
I'll never forget that day, or how I blessed I felt.
A beautiful baby girl, pudgy & pink.
18" long...8lb 5 3/4oz of sweet Kelly Ann.
Staring at me...intently...taking everything in.
My parents & the in laws were at the hospital with Phil when I came out of delivery. 
I remember my mom being so excited she couldn't stop babbling...
My dads eyes filled with tears...
And the look of sheer terror on Phil's face!
I remember feeling that I'd finally found my life's bliss. 
I had my own, little family.
I knew my life would never be the same.
I was absolutely right...my life became immensely richer.

Watching her grow has been my joy & privilege. 
My Kelly has had a tough year this year.
It's a good thing God gave her the most indomitable spirit.
She knows life's ups & downs are God's way of shaping you into the person you're meant to be.
She is a capable, hardworking, kind, generous, beautiful young woman.
This year is going to be a great one for Tootsie....I just know it.
Happy 29th Birthday, Kelly.
I love you & I wouldn't change one minute.
I'm so proud of you.

'Always follow your heart cause your heart always knows the way.'


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.