Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Timing

Well, my impeccable timing continues. 
I scheduled work on my Honda for today. 
Of course I did.
It's the coldest day of the year.

I was delighted to crawl out from under my warm quilts at 630am and step out into the Polar Vortex to drive Murray to work.
#pausenot
It was 0 degrees with the windchill at -22.
Murray's observation, "you feel the snot in your nose freeze the minute you step outside."
Such prose before sunrise...the man is truly a romantic. 
Or Neanderthal.

Last night was equally gratifying.
It was a balmy 4 degrees, with dead Christmas trees blowing hither & yon.
I found myself standing in the frigid temps fumbling to find the hole in the Early Bird Drop Box...a treat, indeed.
While Romeo, or Oogah, sat listening to men interrupt each other on ESPN radio.
Imagine how pampered I felt climbing into his warm luxury sedan.
Again, a luckier girl I do not know.

Since we're on the topic of the cold...what's with the 'Polar Vortex' moniker?
Really?  I see no need to name cold snaps.
(I am a fan of multiple names...but this does not sit well)
It's January...it's supposed to be cold. 
And, while I realize it's important to inform the masses on the dangers of extreme temps....
Enough already!
I fear these broadcasters are insulting the intelligence of the American people. 
By the way, it's in the 40s in Fort Myers right now, going up to 58 this afternoon.
Tomorrow it's back to the mid 70s.
And the SUN is shining.
Someone, please, remind me again why I'm here?

After applying the 'perspective' word, I realize a few positives that have come from this rant of a post.
I've found yet another nickname for Phil.
Oogah....It's destined to become a favorite in no time. 
I can hardly wait for Baby to rise so I can share it with him.
Also, I have delayed the dreaded sorting and packing for 20 minutes.
This allowed me time to enjoy a cuppa & put some of my frustrations to pen.

I should apologize for my snarky humor, I just couldn't help myself.
Rest assured, things are fine here with me & my man.
A poke of fun is all it is.
I'll try not to return here until my disposition improves.
Stay warm, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.