Thursday, September 24, 2015

Vets, Gas Masks, Dreadlocks & SEX

Today was Alvin's big test.
Last night, I dreamt they wouldn't give him the ultrasound cause I didn't shave my legs. 
I'm officially the crazy cat lady. 
My eyes were barely open when we left at 6:45AM for Cornell.
(i took this pic cause when I got in the car to leave, I couldn't remember if I'd applied my eyebrows)
Alvin was crazed with hunger, as he had to fast since 8 last night for the test. 
The Dr & tech were both very nice.
So was Alvin.
After the indignity of having his belly shaved, 
he rather enjoyed lying on his back for 30 minutes having his newly exposed & rather plump belly rubbed. 
(He would've preferred to forgo the gel application, but he adjusted)
He was actually purring thru most of the exam...the Drs were surprised by this.
I don't know why...I had informed them that he was non-confrontational.
Maybe they weren't listening. 
It seems that Alvin has a few issues, but they appear to be non specific. 
That Cornell educated vet loved to say non specific. 
Which, I'm fairly certain translates to "who knows?" in Meglish. 
She thinks he has IBS, which is good news for Alvin.
(I think it's BS, but I'm no Cornell grad) 
Its also good news for the Reliable Carpet Cleaning Company of Liverpool, NY. 
But, I digress. 
I'm waiting to get a call from Stacy, my vet, for instructions on the next step. 
While I'm happy he isn't full of cancer, I'm less than thrilled with the prospect of continued retching & its aftermath. 

We were done at Cornell by 9:15. 
I drove over to Quilters Corner & parked out front, awaiting it's 10am opening. 
TRUTH.
This is THE BEST SHOP in the FINGERLAKES.
Anyone who says otherwise is a liar....or stupid. 
I grabbed a chai Tea Latte and settled in with Al for some people watching....
I was reminded how fun people watching can be, especially in college towns. 
A man ambled by, arms waving, wearing a gas Mask...
the black kind with the round eye windows...
just like in the old school scary movies. 
Why didn't I snap a picture, you ask?
I was too busy choking on my latte. 
After that sighting, I was unimpressed by the Tin-foil antenna headband wearer, dreadlocked garbage pickers, unicycler and everyone else. 
Let me remind you this was before 10am on a Thursday morning.
I knew what I needed...
SEX. 
So, SEX it was. (StashEnhancingXperience)

Here's what I scored at Quilters' Corner...
I realize it's a meager sum considering the shop, but Alvin was in the car waiting for me. 
And even though the temp was in the 60s and he was in the shade, the sun was bright.
I shouldn't have rushed, he was asleep when I returned. 
We drove back and I fed him as soon as we got in.  
It took a few minutes, then he inhaled his kibbles.
Then proceeded to spew it on the kitchen floor. 
At least it wasn't on the carpet. 

I think I'll stay home the rest of today.

"Spread kindness (not kibbles) like confetti"





No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.