Sunday, September 20, 2015

Quilts for Syrian Refugees

Quilts with bindings.
Now there's something you don't see everyday.
These 2 quilts are heading to Germany to help those poor Syrian refugees we've been hearing about. 
My friend Susan owns the local yard shop here in town. 
She and her knitters are making blankets to send over to help these poor folks.
I'm hoping she can include these in her shipment.
If not, I'll ship them myself to Claudia Pfiel...she's organizing a Quilty effort as well. 
Either way, that's where they're going. 
They aren't the most stunning quilts.
But, they're warm.
And there are kids over there who are cold.
The backs.
I just love those silly owls. 
I practiced meandered feathers on the pink quilt. 
The bright one is just loopy loops. 
Neither quilt was done with the stitch regulator...
I'm liking working in manual mode more & more. 

I had intended to shelve these quilts for gifts. 
Or perhaps Project Linus. 
This is a much better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.