Friday, September 25, 2015

Quilt Magazines

I'm not sure if it's me or the magazines that have changed. 
I'm not feeling the patterns they are printing.
Such big honking blocks with very little detail.
And, worst of all, there are so many square quilts in these publications now. 
Let's be honest...anyone can invent a cool looking square quilt. 
Easy peasy. 
What I want are useful quilts.
You know, the kind that fit beds.
Or cover your lap just right. 
I want magazines to figure the yardage for these kinds of quilts. 

I understand that these patterns are written to showcase & sell new fabric lines. 
There are some pattern designers making awesome patterns. 
Like Claudia and her work for Island Batiks. 

Why can't we get just one good pattern in every issue?
Thank you for listening. 

I leave you with a pic of my new, old iron.
It's from the Vermont Country Store.
It costs very little, gets very hot, solid sole plate and has no steam.
It also hasn't got auto shut off...which is a rocking feature to omit. 
It won't last forever, but that's ok. 
(this is my 3rd one in as many years)
For me, this is the best iron. 
Although I do enjoy my cordless Panasonic for use on Lola, this is a lot cheaper and I use it a lot more. 

***spread kindness like confetti***




2 comments:

  1. Love that dry iron and thought I was the only repeat-buyer offender...I'm on my 3rd one. Figure the low cost makes it a deal if I can get 1.5 yrs of use out of each one. Of course the fear of burning down my studio makes for a few sleepless nights...sigh...

    And totally agree about the magazine's...how do you spell B O R I N G ?

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.