Sunday, September 13, 2015

I thank God for my life...For the Stars & Stripes

On 9/11, Murray and I were married for 33 years. 
I'm not sure how that happened.
Surely it can't be 33 years ago that we were these kids 
This whole aging thing is very mysterious.

Anyway, we made some drunken decisions regarding our Anniversary when we were n Floriday back in February. 
Usually drunken plans don't turn out that well.
Not this time...
We drove to Ann Arbor on Friday.
We dined at The Earle with Sherry, Mike, Laura & Rex. 
4 quality people and delicious food. 
Perfect!
I had duck....the waiter said it was what they were known for & no one rose ordered if. 
It was REALLY GOOD. 
Although, I will remain very choosy about ordering duck, cause I have had disgusting duck.  
Laura had scallops...yum.
Sherry had whitefish...again, yum. 
I love these people.

We stayed with Sherry & Mike.
They're home is so beautiful & full of love. 
You can't help but feel good there.
And buzzed..yes, I spent most of the weekend buzzed...but that's for later. 
Barb & Tim arrived late Friday. 

Saturday morning, after I gorgeous breakfast, the guys went golfing. 
So, what else could we do?
After a CHILLY walk, we went shopping....first for wine.
Let me recommend The Rock cab sav....I managed to suck down quite a bit of this. 

Then to Viking Sewing Center....
Let me say, Barb had never been there so I felt she should.
I wasn't going to buy anything. 
That's one of the funniest things I've ever said, isn't it?
Of course, I immediately ran over to the Kaffes and with Sherry's help, managed to find these beauties.
Kudos to Sherry...she isn't even a quilter but she can shop there.   (Mike may never forgive me for introducing her to the wonderful world of Minkee)
Did I NEED the new Kaffe...probably not.
Could I leave WITHOUT them, apparently not. 
Science should study my brain post mortem and figure out WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THERE,
In my defense, they do have a great Kaffe selection...but, still...I'm pretty sure I have an affliction. 

Then, we hit TJ Maxx. Lalalalalalala
It was cold in A2, so all 3 of us bought something to keep us warm. 
Barb got a cute navy sweater. 
Sherry got a great creamy tan suede number and a  warm colored oversized scarf. 
I got a cool colored oversized scarf. 
We needed these to look great with our stud dates...
And to keep warm in The Comerica Park luxury box for Zac Brown Band!!!
Yup, Mike was able to pull these tickets pit of his a$$!
I stepped in a huge pile of awesome friends...just sayin'. 
What a great concert....I ate, drank wine & danced the WHOLE time. 
My legs were cramping all the way home today in the car. 
Murray & Mike managed to consume quite a bit of GG with a twist. 
Thank God for our designated driver.
ZBB did most of their best hits...
And had a kickass Motown tribute....
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica & Queen covers for good measure...
I think we may have been at the best concert of their entire U.S. tour!
This is Murray's favorite band, he loved it. 
We all did.
It was a great 33rd Anniversary spent with awesome folks...
I'm a lucky lady. 

On top of all this, we found a great babysitter for Frannie. 
'Life is good today'

****spread kindness like confetti****








No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.