Thursday, June 12, 2014

Throwback Thursday among other things...

On Facebook, Throwback Thursdays are for putting up old shots. 
I rarely participate, but it couldn't resist today. 
I posted 3 pics of my Dad...the best man I've ever known.
This was my favorite...
I'm not sure why I love it so much....
Old Pete was sure a handsome guy.
Maybe it's the youthfulness...
Or that I think he looks like baby boy in this pic...
Or the leg...
Who knows?
I do know this...I miss this man EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

I took my neighbor Helen to get fingerprinted this morning.
Then we dropped off the CRV for some pre-trip service. 
While the car was worked on, we walked the Edison Mall.
I really like Helen.
She's a native Chinese and she loves to explain and share her culture. 
It's really fascinating to listen to her. 
Back in April, before heading north, Patty dropped a cactus off here that she had in her Port Charlotte rental.
I repotted it and lookie....
New growth!
It definitely needed more space and seems happy here.
Phew!
Apparently, Florida can turn even the blackest of thumbs green!
Make it a good day!








No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.