Saturday, June 7, 2014

Back at it

"Listen to yourself & in the quietude you might hear the voice of God." 
                             Maya Angelou's final tweet
                         

After a long walk with Frannie, some housework, the dreaded washing of the hair and a smoothie, it was only noon.
Mimi's gone....no one but lil old me.
It's a hot one...91 degrees for today's high.
I decided the best place to find my 'quietude' was the studio.
Have I mentioned how grateful I am to have a creative space above the ground?
With windows & natural light?
It's a dream come true for me. 
A while ago, (I'm not saying how long) I decided to give improvisational piecing a whirl.
Those young modern quilters made me want to shed the veil of order and cut up my fabric with no plan.
The whole no set plan thing was a scary prospect for me.
I'm not an over planner, but I do like some method to my madness. 
My fabric is a serious matter....not to be taken lightly. 
I blamed the stall in progress on the lack of order.
In hindsight, I think it was just my Quilters ADD kicking in again.
Today, I put the pedal to the metal and made all those bits into this top.
I'm deciding on borders....maybe tomorrow?
It might not be as wild as some Quilty improv, but it's about as crazy as I can get right now. 
I'm proud of me!

I'm off to dip my piggies in the pool and then out for some sushi with the neighbors. 

Hoping you've enjoyed your day...wherever you are.
XO


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.