Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Stop In Virginia

When I was a kid, my BFF lived across the road.
It so happened, my moms BFF was her mom.
19 Harding was a happening place.
I loved it there...
When they moved away, I was heartsick.
We've seen each other sporadically over the years...but not enough.
Frannie & I dropped in on them during our northern migration.
Pete and Carolyn were gracious enough to open thier home to us.
Nancy and me...so happy to reconnect. 
Nancy, her hubz Henry & me.
Shamefully I must admit, this is the first time I met the hubz.
Henry is awesome.
Annie & me...84 years young and still volunteering at the Hospital gift shop.
This is a delicious lady.
Nancy, Pete, Annie & Mark...only missing Johnny.
I also got to meet some grandchildren...and all 6 great grandchildren.
Prepare for a cuteness overload....
Erin, (Pete's daughter) holding Lucy and Lissa, (Pete's daughter in law) holding Elsa.
Luca, the only boy...I wanted to put him in my purse and take him home. 
He belongs to Graham and Lissa and is Elsa's big brudder.
Graham, Pete's son, with his mom, Carolyn.  He's married to Lissa and dad to Luca & Elsa.
Nancy & Addy, one of Erin's twin girls...
Erin, Tatum (other half of the twins) and Millie.  
Obviously, the twins are fraternal.
Millie, Lucy and me...I also wanted to abduct Lucy.
Not only is she friendly, she gives a good upper body workout!
But kidnapping is illegal...and I think they'd miss her. 
But I was tempted.
This is Erin and John...parents of Millie, Addy, Tatum and the luscious Lucy. 
4 girls...let's remember to pray for them when Middle School attacks thier young. 
I brought Annie a Quilty hug.
I'm happy to report she doesn't need it...she's surrounded by so much love from her family.
I'm not kidding, this is a gorgeous family.
You can feel the bond between them.
Before I knew it, it was almost 10 and I was closing in on overstaying my welcome.
Actually, I did overstay my welcome...but who could help it?
Henry and Nancy came back to the hotel with me.
We chatted til after midnight...and Henry had to work in the morning.
But he didn't complain, just sat there and listened to Nance and I blabber. 
I'm so grateful I had this time with these wonderful people.
I hope to do it again, sooner rather than later. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.