Friday, June 6, 2014

Good-byes Suck

Mimi left today.
I've been mopey the last two days, I think this is why.
It's no secret that I love my sisters.
Don't get me wrong, I seriously dig my alone time down here. 
But sister time is better.
And Mimi is a laugher...laughing + sister time = of course I'm a bit blue.
We stayed in a lot...especially after the enclosure went up, just floating, reading, chillaxin & napping.
(That speck in the pool is Meem)
We hit the dog beach once, but Frannie was worn out after it, so we didn't return.
(those were a scary few days)
We spent a day on the beach in Naples. 
We went to Mucky Duck on Captiva...another yummy day.
That Suzi is so darn cute...just sayin!
We spent a day real estate browsing here in Gateway.
(Fingers crossed we can be winter neighbors)
We hit the big Gateway pool a couple of times.
We watched Wheel & Jeopardy almost every night.
We did some shopping...Meem got some Crocs sandals & a few summer dresses at Anthony's. 
I wanted to go to Oh My Gauze...but she wasn't feeling it on our Naples day.
Herb visited and we hit Fort Myers Brewing Company.
We went to the Boulevard Deli and shared the chicken nachos. 
And she watched Frannie while I went north for a long wedding weekend. 
I was so grateful for that.
Last night, we went out for a nice dinner...delish...I will surely return with Clive. 
I had a blue cheese martini...Shrimp & Scallops for me...Prime Rib for Meem.
Bananas Foster to share...OhMaGahd!
They had a nice duo playing classic top 40 tunes in the bar.
They sounded great...not too loud....and were entertaining to watch.
(Think Will Farrell/Ana Gasteyer SNL skits)
We enjoyed a spectacular sunset....SWFL sunsets can't be beat.

All this...and only TWO STINKIN PICS!
Well, 3 if you count the speck. 
Not surprising, since she hates having her picture taken.
Oh well, I have had 3 great weeks.
I shall try to focus on gratitude instead of being blue. 
Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.