Sunday, April 28, 2013

Why Justin Timberlake makes life better

A confession...
I have become mildly, or wildly if we're being honest, obsessed with Justin Timberlake.
It all started when my kids showed me a segment from SNL.
It is now a classic, Dick in the Box.
I admit, when I first saw it, I was horrified.
And, I'm fairly certain Tootsie & Herman were trying to horrify me.
If they thought for one minute that showing my that video would have led to this, it never would've happened.
Initially, I thought....How could my babies be watching such trash?
Didn't I raise them better than that?
But really, how was this skit much different from SNLs 'wild & crazy guys', or 'Hans and Franz?
I found these skits, like many others, HILARIOUS.
Except for language, it was the same.
Poking fun at men and their sad attempts at macho.

For some reason, which I cannot entirely pinpoint, JT can present today's humor in a way I find less offensive.
It may be because he was a Mouseketeer.
Or that he couldn't be any cuter if he tried.
Or his NSYNC gig.....middle school Kelly & friends overplaying his music are memories I cherish.
And he lives in my iPod in so many songs.
He takes his mom with him to award shows......***sigh***
He is WILDLY talented.
I mean, he can do anything.
Have you seen him dance?
Have you seen him with Jimmy Fallon?
Have you seen him period?
Oh yeah...he's good looking.
Especially dressed in that skinny suit/tie look he's got going on lately.
Gulp.
The man has it all.
Sing...Dance....Comedy....Actor (well, pretty good)...HOST
I think if I ran into him at Dunkin Donut and he would smile at me.
Not in a sleazy way, in a genuine way.
You get a nice guy vibe from him ALL THE TIME.
Even when he's kinda inappropriate.
I think that's mostly it.
I think this guy is genuinely nice...
And what is sexier than a great looking guy who is genuinely nice?
Nothing.

Yup...
I may be old, but I'm not dead!
If this makes me sound like a dirty old lady....
well, maybe I am...

BUT I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!!
****swoon****


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.