Thursday, April 25, 2013

A little bit of everything

I'm back from my NJ trip.
We got shoes and undies for Kelly.
And, of course, her first fitting.
Her dress is WAY TOO BIG, but they assured me it will fit perfectly when the alterations are done.
They better be right.
My Kelly is going to be a beautiful bride.
I fill up with tears just thinking about it.
I also did some MOB shopping.
But, I returned the dress I got down there.
Kelly didn't like the bow in the back of the dress.
I stopped at Eva's boutique on my way home from Francis House yesterday.
I found a gorgeous Alexander Komorov and bought it.
It's just what I was looking for ... Quiet, classy and unique.
And lightweight...it will be a scorcher...the Bahamas in June!
I'm not a satin gown kinda girl and I try to keep clothing bling to a minimum.
I like my bling in the form of jewelry.
So, I'm feeling more ready.
Which I'm hoping helps with the worrying.

I stopped to see Jimmy on my way home from NJ.
He hurt his back.
Now he is having spasms.
Poo. Poo. Poo.
They are giving him treatment and stim.
He says its not too bad.
I know he is lying.
If it wasn't bad, he never would've mentioned it to me.
I want him to be healthy.
Sometimes, I wish he would give up playing.
It seems he is taking such a beating.
And he's my baby.
I do not like my baby to be in pain.
His grades are good, though.
Trying to focus on the positive.

This is John's last week working in Rochester.
Relief!
I hated that long drive for him.
Last week, a truck tire came up and crashed his car.
Thankfully, he was not hurt.
But, still.....
I'm so grateful he was able to find a new job here in Syracuse that pays him well.
God is good.
He's off next week so I'm going to be able to spend some time with him.
I've been missing my buddy.
Since getting engaged, he hasn't been around much.
I'm hoping this new job will change that.

Heading down to do some quilting now.
I've missed Lola!
Happy Thursday.

We stopped at the cemetery to visit mom and dad.
We brought Kelly's wedding shoes to show mom.
She loved her wedding shoes, keeping them under her bed for 60+ years of marriage.
Here's a crazy shot mimi and i decided to take....


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.