Friday, April 19, 2013

So many questions

Evil.
What is it exactly?
Is it something that is there in your heart from the day you are born?
Is it in all of us, just waiting to be uncovered?
Is it learned?
I don't know.

In my universe, a 19 year old boy is barely an adult.
He can vote and fight for his country.
Yet, he is not mature enough to be trusted to buy alcohol responsibly.
Can he buy weapons? I don't even know that answer.

I do know little Martin Richards will never be 19 years old.
I'm unable to comprehend that family's grief.
Talk about innocence.
Waiting in anticipation for Dad to cross the finish line.
Boom.

My Jimmy is 19.
And my John is 26.
Tamerlan was 26.
Dzhokhar is 19.

2 sets of brothers...the same but so different.

This has really hit me hard.
I can't wrap my mind around it.
I hope we can get some answers.
Cause we really need them.







No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.