Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rip it, Rip it

I've already spent 2 hours ripping out an entire row of FMQ.
And I'm only half done.
Misery.
Self imposed misery to be precise.

I loaded the batik HST quilt yesterday afternoon, fully intending to quilt it with swirls.
Cause it needs swirls.
I know that.
Any idiot could see that.
I knew that yesterday afternoon, too.
But once it was loaded, I lost my mind and started with a freehand flowery allover.
And I did an ENTIRE ROW.

I hated it.
I went to bed to sleep on it, hoping in the morning I wouldn't hate it.
Guess what?
I still hated it.
This quilt is too modern looking for that.
I knew that when I loaded it.
Why I deviated from my plan is a mystery.

Now, what was an easy, stressless job has turned into frogging nightmare.
Yup...I'm a big dope!

The flimsy...

1 comment:

  1. pretty top. sorry that your evil twin took over and made you deviate from the plan. swirls will look great on this!

    ReplyDelete

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.