Wednesday, April 10, 2013

:-(

Today was a Francis House day for me.
I worked with Janice & Tony.
Both are such great people.
Janice is kind and down to earth.
Tony is absolutely adorable.
I love him.
He reminds me of my dad.
I'll always be grateful to Cindy for telling me about FH.
I get such rewards from volunteering there.

At the end of my shift, Jean came in.
I love Jean, and I haven't seen her in a while.
She's a super lady.
She mostly answers the phones, but she's always willing to pitch in.
She looked blue, so asked her if everything was ok.
She said, 'I'm okay. You know, I lost my daughter last week.'
I had no idea.
Apparently, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
She was 45.
She died 3 weeks after the diagnosis.
I hugged Jean, telling her I would pray for her.
She said she was glad her daughters suffering was over.
So, she comes to volunteer at the hospice with this horrible pain so fresh in her heart.
Some people are so giving.
Obviously, Jean is one of them.

I have no words.
How can something so awful happen to someone so wonderful?
How could you ever recover from losing a child?

All I can do is pray for God to hold my friend, Jean, tight in His arms.
And never forget how lucky I am to have 3 healthy kids here with me to love.








No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.