Thursday, April 11, 2013

On the frame

I've wanted to try freehand baptist fans since my friend shannon put them on her swap quilt.
I have longboards that make perfect BFs.
But, I like the organic look of freehand designs.
When I'm doing a quilt for a friend, I use the boards.
This D9 was just perfect for trying my hand at the free motion kind.
Each row gets better.
And I must remember to work close to the rollers.
My arcs are smoother when I'm closer to my work.
I will use this quilt for soccer games and outdoor events, so it doesn't need to be perfect.
But these freehand BFs are making a quilt I wasn't wild about into something I like!
And, after this I bet I'll be confident enough to use it on friends quilts that would benefit from a 'less perfect' look.
Cha-Ching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.