Thursday, March 7, 2013

Virginia


“Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.” ― Max Lucado

My heart is aching for my old friend.
Her half sister has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.
Very terminal....like 3 months to live terminal.
She already lost her mom to cancer.
Her mom had a heart as big as the ocean.
I know she still misses her.
Heck, I still miss her.
I can't say I know Valerie too well.
I met her a few times, First Communion, wedding, parties.
She's famous....but I remember kindness, a quiet strength and a gentle spirit.
When I met her, I guess I was too young to be influenced by the celebrity.
I just remember thinking she was wonderful.
Just like my friend, Virginia.
I know she'll be ok.
She's always been a force.
A leader, a fighter, and faithful, too.
She has 2 great kids to lean on.
And her hubs, Jimmy.
I sent her a note that I'll be holding her up in prayer.
I bet all of our old St Catherine schoolgirls group are rolling their rosaries asking God to hold her tight.
I know many people love her.
I know she's getting lots of good prayers.
And I know God will help her through this.
But, heartache still sucks.
I love my sisters so much that I can't imagine saying goodbye to them.
I know she must feel the same way.
God bless you, Gin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.