Friday, March 15, 2013

It's International Quilting Day

Breaking news....I finished a UFO.
Now there are 2 reasons to celebrate!

UFO is the Quilty F word.
A dirty word that no one likes to say or hear.

I've promised myself to get some UFOs finished this year.
This one is now officially a flimsy.
It's a D9 using some Moda/Barbara Brackman fabric I was given as a gift.

The reason it became a UFO is that I'm not wild about it.
If a quilt isn't brightly colored, it's rare that I like it.
And this has a smattering of bright colors through it, but not enough for my taste.
Not to mention, blue just isn't doing it for me these days.
I always like blue when i see it in other people's homes.
And I used to LOVE blue.
Blue bridesmaids dresses.
Blue paint on the walls.
Blue in my furniture.
Blue cars.
Blue jeans.
(Well, I still would like blue jeans but they don't fit like they used to.)
Bodies change.
Times change.
Tastes change.
C'est la vie!

I feel good that I have reduced my UFO shoebox collection by one.
And one day soon, I'll have another quilt for the gift/charity pile.

My 'flimsy hanger' is starting to sag.
That's ok...this mean lots of practice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you have something to say,
i'd love to hear it....
and i'll respond if you leave me your email.